Google Buzz Widget is a jQuery plugin that lets you embed a Google Buzz stream in your web page. Since Google Buzz doesn’t offer JSON format of its feed yet, the plugin uses Google AJAX Feed API to converts it into JSON format. After retrieving feed content it dynamically adds content as an unordered list to specified container on your web page.
jQuery Google Buzz Widget is a cross browser plugin that works on all major browsers and is very easy to implement. You can easily change its look and feel using CSS and customize some of its behavior using configuration options.
1. Display buzzes as a bar with transition effects or as a fixed list
2. Many transition options like opacity, height, font-size
3. Each part of the buzz – e.g., links, dates has its own class for easy CSS customization
4. Show or hide some parts of the buzz like date, source
5. Use a typical JS call or auto-load div elements that have “google-buzz” class
6. You can also choose to display the complete content of the buzz
Developed by Mike at MoreTechTips; this jQuery plugin is available for download under Apache License.